Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 18


Well my mediation practice has hit a few road blocks. I haven't sat down and practiced in 3 days now. Things i think convince me to not sit down: 1) i have more important things to do, 2) I don't have time, 3) its boring, 4) i am not getting anywhere, 5) It doesn't have any impact on my day. If i was paying attention i would see that these are the things everyone faces....there is a pattern of lies here.

I know all these things to be untrue, yet they really do influence my mood towards meditation. These and other conditioned responses are very present in my life. Sometimes i have enough awareness to talk back to these ideas, other times i just give in. And actually meditation is a practice that increases awareness to help recognize the negative thoughts. Meditation strengthens us to keep us from getting swept away by these lies. So today i shall get back on the "awareness horse" and see what happens :-)
When you become aware that your mind has wandered....Return to what is already there and rest!!!!

No comments: