Sunday, October 10, 2010

FIRE


Its a moonless night and i am in the woods. Armed with only a cell phone for light, two beautiful ladies and heavy boots; i make my way toward our campsite. A small wave of panic washes over me as i have trouble navigating in the complete darkness, but almost on cue landmarks start to say hello. They assure me i am on the right path. They comfort me the way old friends do. If the holly bush could talk i am sure it would say, "Your doing great, just keep going". I find my destination with relative ease and begin making a fire. I have made many fires in my lifetime and it never gets old. I am genuinely amazed every time i see the sharp red, orange, and yellow consuming the wood. Fire!! I love fire! So destructive...so useful...so angry....so gentle....so painful....so comforting!!!! It has every aspect of life in it. I think it is alive.

No comments: