Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Do you ever think about how much we talk? I know my character Trent Jones fairly well. He is a talker. I get exhausted listening to him sometimes. I have started encouraging him to write more instead of chatter so much. We will see how it works out.

Humans in general talk a lot. I think its because things inside their head are moving around so fast that talking is a sort of release. I think we choose talking as a release because its easy and convenient, but there are so many more interesting alternatives....writing, walking, meditating, art, music. Sometimes i am so conditioned to view those things in a certain way or give preference to talking that i miss what others are trying to express. Have you ever heard the song by John Lennon "Imagine"? He was trying to expresss something very important that would contribute to our happiness. i have listened to that song a thousand times and only yesterday heard it for the first time. He is trying to get us to see that we don't have to compete, we are all one, we all want the same things, we are the ones creating our reality. Amazing insight!