Monday, December 6, 2010

Ouch!


Elusive thoughts. I caught a thought in my hand and while i wasn't quite strong enough to make it stop wiggling, i at least held it in my attention. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, its violent thrash caught me off guard and i dropped it. I scurried around in search of it; afraid of the damage it would do...but then i began to breath slowly....it slowed down...our breaths were linked... i convinced it to stop right in front of me. I picked it up again. It resisted my touch much like cold doctor hands at a checkup, but eventually it relaxed. My anxiety was its anxiety, my fear was its fear. As i held the thought in my hand i examined its body and noticed all the jagged spikes of insecurity, razor sharp teeth of doubt, and bulging muscles of frustration. I could see how this tiny creature causes so much pain...then i gently began to stroke its back and to my astonishment the spikes began to flake off revealing an iridescent skin. The more i rubbed the more mirror like its skin became to the point i could see my face. I saw myself in the thought and started smiling knowing now that it was me the whole time. I closed my eyes and took another deep breath, opened them, and i was staring at my empty palms offering up some invisible gift. The thought was gone.

No comments: